This programme is for those aged 16-18 but if you have any younger siblings or students let them know!
2012 Travel Award to Japan offered by EIL Intercultural Learning (http://www.eilireland.org/). EIL Intercultural Learning is an Irish not for profit organisation which provides intercultural learning opportunities through study abroad, volunteer abroad, language training, travel awards, group educational programmes, and other cultural immersion activities for about 2,000 people each year.
The winner of the 2012 Travel Award to Japan will have the opportunity to participate in a 6-week programme, jointly funded by the Japan-Ireland Friendship Link, in the region of Suwa in the Japanese Alps, located about two hours to the south of Tokyo.
– Age profile: 16-18 on 1 June 2012
– Application deadline: 6pm, Sunday 1 April 2012
– Application format: essay, project or video
– Interviews: in Dublin on a Saturday in mid-April 2012
– Announcement of results: May 2012
– Travel dates: 6 weeks from end of June 2012
– Return flights from Ireland to Japan
– Return transfers via Narita Airport
– Full board and accommodation with Japanese families
– Experience of attending a Japanese high school
– Visits to local schools to introduce Ireland
– 1 week of Japanese language classes
– 24 hour in-country support by the Japan Ireland Friendship link
For further information and to download a Travel Award application form, please see the EIL Intercultural Learning website (http://www.eilireland.org/travel-awards/japan). For all enquiries, please contact EIL Intercultural Learning directly by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on LoCall 1850 292939 or 021 455 1535.