Next Saturday is bunka no hi and the National Print Museum in Beggars Bush, Dublin 4 is holding two Japanese craft workshops to mark the day. On Saturday an origami workshop will be led by Japanese/Donegal artist Naomi Fleury, while on Sunday you can unleash your inner Hokusai with a Woodblock Printing workshop. E-mail email@example.com to book a place!
Origami Hanging Decorations (Naomi Fleury)
- Learn how to make beautiful hanging decorations using special paper and traditional origami techniques.
- Saturday 3 November, 10.00 – 13.00
- Cost: €45 (Max. 8 people)
Woodblock Printmaking (Debra Bowden)
- Woodblock printmaking is an ancient technique that is completely hand produced, requiring no printing press and little specialised equipment, thus providing an environmentally friendly and portable process, which can be easily continued at home. This workshop will cover practical carving and printing skills. Participants are asked to bring images for inspiration.
- Sunday 4 November, 10.00 – 16.00
- Cost: €65 (Max. 8 people)